Brennan has had asthma most of his life, but lately it has gotten pretty bad. He has not had a solid night sleep in over one week. Translation.......Jesse and I haven't either. So anyway, we kept him home from school yesterday so he could go to the the asthma and allergy doctor.
This doctor is great and spent quite a bit of time with us. He also gave me SIX prescriptions. After he walked out and the nurse came in, I looked at her with a baffled look on my face that read, "What in the world are all these for?". She was wonderful!!! She wrote everything down for me, when he takes what and how much he gets.
So off to Walgreens we go with FIVE of the six prescriptions. The sixth one may need to be filled at a later date, but is not needed right now. So my reason for the post...........I spent over $100.00 in prescriptions alone yesterday and most will need to be refilled monthly. I know I shouldn't complain because there are so many people that do not have insurance or insurance that even covers this much, but in my personal situation, that is a lot of money monthly. Of course, we would do whatever for our kids, I'm just still in a state of WOW!!! Without insurance it would have been well over $300.00.
Just another blessing in our life that we take for granted.
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

4 comments:
Or you could try taking him off of milk....
Just a thought.
Tried that, didn't do anything unfortunately.
Geez I hope he gets feeling better soon. We are very lucky to have insurance but I hear what your saying about the cost, its still ridiculous how much meds cost ESPECIALLY when you don't have insurance. CRAZY!
If you had him completely off all dairy (reading labels and everything) and didn't see any difference, I think I would make an appointment for a good allergist to look at what he might be reacting to.
Post a Comment