Thursday, March 13, 2008

Recycle Bin - LOST - HELP!!!!!

I have this new laptop.........and I LOVE it! One problem. I lost the icon on my desktop for my recycle bin. I know that I still have a recycle bin, because I have sent pics and so forth to it. Of course now I have no way to empty it because the stupid icon is GONE!!!!! Don't even ask, I have no idea what happened to it. UGH!!!

Does ANYONE know how to get to my recycle bin any other way? And for those reading this and laughing that I'm an idiot and it should be simple, I'll let you know that I've asked some of the smartest most computer savvy people that I know, and they can't figure it out either. =) So I thought I would check here before I call the Geek Squad.

Help!!! Please!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I did that same thing before. Hang on let me ask hubby...ok for the life of us we cannot remember how we fixed it. Something in the control panel maybe????Shoot I am soo sorry I cannot remember!

Laurie said...

Cheri that is so funny. You know this techno geek here couldn't pass that one up.

I am assuming you are running Windows Vista since it's a new laptop. I googled deleted recycle bin ICON and got lots of finds. Here is what I found several times:

1/ Right click on your desktop and, from the drop down menu, Click on the Personalize option

2/ When the Personalize window opens, Look in the left hand task pane and Click on the Change Desktop Icons link

3/ The desktop Icon Setting window will now open

4/ Under the section marked 'Desktop Icons' you will see a list of Icons that can be placed on the desktop

5/ One of those Icons listed in this section will be Recycle Bin

6/ Place a Check Mark in the box to the Left of the Recycle Bin option and then Press OK

7/ The recycle Bin should now be sitting once more on your desktop

If you aren't using Vista let me now and I will keep looking! I love that kind of challenge!