Monday, March 03, 2008

Chrissi's First Forever and Ever Day!

Saturday was Chrissi's one year "Gotcha Day". I still can't believe it!! We didn't do too much on Saturday because we were pretty busy getting ready for Sunday. Chrissi's baptism was on Sunday.

The dress that Chrissi is wearing is very special to us. Last year when we were in Guatemala, Ingrid, Chrissi's foster mother, gave us lots and lots of clothes. This dress was included with the clothes. We have pictures of Chrissi wearing this dress at about 6 months old when she was in Guatemala.

Not a day goes by that I do not think of Chrissi's birthmother (the boys as well), but I also think about the fostermom's/families. Ingrid and her family gave Chrissi so much love and attention. I think this helped make the transition easier for her. We love them very much and are so thankful to them for loving and caring for our daughter until she could come home.

Enjoy the pictures of Chrissi in her dress!!!




Chrissi loves to go up and down the stairs. Usually her brothers are upstairs playing and she likes to see what they are up to.

Instead of a cake, she had her very favorite thing........M&M's!!!!!


Have you noticed that she has her "pluggie" in almost every picture? Chrissi came home with her pluggie attached to her shirt and rarely is she without it!!!! When it is misplaced, you would think the world is coming to an end. We walk around the house yelling, "Here Pluggie." It's actually pretty cute!!!!

No comments: