Wednesday, May 28, 2008

They got IT!

Like I mentioned in the last post it was a rainy, dreary Memorial Day weekend. On Monday we had all had enough of the weather and decided to give the boys their birthday present. It was only a few days early since we had planned to do it today before their "Kids" party tonight. Jesse did kind of call me out by asking if it was really because the kids were bored or because I was bored. Definitely! Definitely! Definitely, THE KIDS!!! (Yah, right!)

We waited until Chrissi was down for her nap to give it to the kids. The shrieks and screams were so worth it. I don't think that they could have been any more excited. We quickly hooked it up and spent the rest of the day playing Wii.

The boys are really into CUPS for some reason, especially Bren. So I also picked up new squirt bottle type cups. And since St. Louis has turned into the new Seattle lately I also picked up Spongebob umbrellas. Even though that was a "practical" gift, they certainly were excited to have 1) umbrellas and 2) anything with Spongebob on it!!!

Waiting to open their BIG present. Definite excitement in the room.

Not the clearest picture ever taken, but their enthusiasm was contagious. Ian kept coming up to Jesse and I giving us hugs and kisses and tons of thank you's!

They still can't believe they really have a Wii!!

Pictures obviously not really in order, but they were/are pretty psyched about their cool cups and umbrellas as well!

Can we please, please open now???











Edited to add: We bought the Wii Play because it was only $10.00 more than a remote by itself, so we got the remote and 9 games. We also bought Mario Party and Mario Olympics. Oh yah, did I forget to mention that yesterday I bought a Wii Fit. Super cool. Love it!!! And the boys REALLY like it as well. As weird as it sounds, I think you can get a decent workout from it.

5 comments:

Robin said...

What games did you get? Did jesse bowl with a broken knee? We need details. (Get it Wii need hahaha).

Kelly said...

OK I am coming over ...I have to try the Wii Fit!!!!!

dani said...

cheri,
i bet watching them be excited was almost as fun as you getting to play yourself.... BAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
i hope to play "fit" soon, myself. katherine really likes it and seems to feel that she gets a pretty good workout, too:D
have fun... oh, yeah, and the kids too; right???!!!
love,
dani

JuJu - said...

Love the pics - coooooooool blog design!

Xadie's Journey said...

You can really see how excited the boys were-so cool:-)