All week Brennan and I had been talking about making the enchilada's out of the Kraft book that we just received in the mail. He even went so far as to bring me the book into my bedroom while I was still sleeping and put it on my pillow. I guess that was a subtle reminder yesterday morning. But par for the course, when he came home from school yesterday he didn't want to cook. "I'm tired!" That's always his excuse and he says it in his best lil' southern drawl, mind you NONE of us have an even remote southern accent, we are from the midwest for goodness sake. But that's what Bren ALWAYS says when it comes time to cook. (Never too tired to play Playstation.)
Never fear.....Ian is here!!!! Ian was such a big helper yesterday. He got to use the chopper and chop up the onions. He helped me use the garlic press. And added all of the ingredients into the pan. His fortay was stirring. E tends to be my picky eater, but I think letting him help cook just might be the way around it. He chowed on the enchilada's and that normally would NOT happen. (I'm such a baby "mommy blogger", I forgot to take pictures. Sorry, E, I promise to capture you helping me next time.)
Brennan's final quote of the day is the title of this post, again in a Southern drawl, "I don't like to cook, just read cookbooks!" So I guess my idea for him being a chef is out the window. Guess I'm back to the food critic idea............. or maaaaaaybe a cookbook editor!!!
Thanks for dinner last night, E, it was absolutely DELICIOUS!
Side note: If you have the Kraft magazine you have to try the chicken enchilada's. I'm horrible at following recipes to the T, so of course they were definitely doctored up and extra stuff was added.
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

1 comment:
Post a Comment