Aren't they sweet laying in bed together? Not hitting or screaming or anything. (At least that is how it appears. Chrissi monster loves to attack her brothers. She really does think that she is one of the boys, she loves to wrestle her brothers.
After we went swimming I took the boys to play shuffleboard, while Jesse stayed with a napping Chrissi. We had so much fun. I think that Ian liked it better than Brennan because he was the first to quit. We didn't really play by the rules I'm sure, but we had a great time. The boys came up with quite a unique scoring system. If they landed on 8, they received either 30 or sometimes 60 points, if I landed on 8 they would give me about 14 points. Yah, that's fair! Guess what? I lost every game. I got a kick out of it!
As I mentioned Jesse and I were pretty sunburned so we decided not to go to the beach but to hang out at the pool. The boys were able to play with their water toys and spider man "surf boards". Notice that the boys are in life jackets. Well, they are not the best swimmers and the pool was 4 feet deep. Hmmmm........why isn't Chrissi in one? We think we may have left it at the beach on Sunday. We have searched EVERYWHERE in the condo and can not find it. We are going to search again today and if we can't find it, I guess we are buying a new one today before we go on our "pirate cruise" tonight.
We had such an awesome lunch yesterday. Sunday night we tried to go to this place, but it was packed. The boys were really disappointed, especially Brennan, so we promised the we would go for lunch on Monday. We got there early to avoid a long wait. Dewey Destin Seafood and Grill may not look like much, but OMG was the food and atmosphere awesome!!!! Jesse and I each had a grilled Mahi-Mahi sandwich and it was out of this world. The kids had normal kid food, chicken strips and fries, their favorite. (Really Brennan's favorite is a cheeseburger, but chicken strips will do.)
The menu is written on a chalkboard and you order at a window. They give you your drinks and take your name. When your food is ready they bring it out and shout your name. Since it wasn't crazy busy it wasn't hard to find us. You sit on picnic benches overlooking the water. Actually it's a dock that the restaurant is located on. It was just really cool. We are going to try to make it back there before we leave, it was that good!!
Since we took the boys out of school for the week, they do have a little bit of homework to complete. Chrissi did not want to be left out so we gave her crayons and scrap paper and she was tickled!!!

2 comments:
I wish I had hidden in your van.
Wow, looks like you guys are having a blast! Makes me a little more impatient for our beach vacation! :)
Post a Comment