Monday, June 02, 2008

Salute to two GREAT teachers

Yesterday was the last day of school for Ian and Brennan. I can't tell you how much their teachers have meant to all of us.


Mrs. Mosley was Brennan's kindergarten teacher. My friend recommended her as a good fit for Brennan as he is extremely "energetic". Brennan was absolutely crazy about her. For that matter so were Jesse and I. She had so much patience with Bren and was always there with a loving smile or hug.



Ms. Killer was Ian's Kindergarten teacher. She was a new kindergarten teacher this year, but we were thrilled to have her as Ian's teacher. Ian tends to be the shyer of the two and Ms. Killer was what he needed this year. After our super bad experience with his Pre-K teacher I was an apprehensive Mom to say the least. Ms. Killer understood the fears that I had and kept the lines of communication open.


I can not begin to explain how awesome these teachers are. I think that it takes a special type of person to be a teacher. And we all know there are a lot that have that calling and then several that wish it were so. These two ladies have been so much fun and laid back that it was a thrill to see the boys get off the bus everyday with that sparkle in their eyes letting you know how much they were enjoying learning. (Ok, occasionally there were the days that Bren would get off with his head down because he didn't get his stamp for the day, but that is a great learning lesson as well.) I credit this to their Kindergarten teachers!! I think the foundation has been laid for the boys to enjoy school. I wish that both of these teachers could follow the boys at least for the next few years. I feel sorry for their teachers next year, they have big shoes to fill as we have high expectations thanks to Mrs. Mosley and Ms. Killer! =) Sending my two baby boys to school was hard enough, but thanks to these two remarkable ladies I felt at ease right away.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

That is awesome- that both boys had great teachers this year! Are they out of school for the summer now!? Wow- 1st graders soon, that is INSANE.

Kelly said...

I hope I am lucky enough to have such a wonderful experience when Sky goes to school!!! EEEEEEEKKKKK!!! *&^^%%$^&**(^%$$!!!!! I have got to call you and we have to get Wiiii Fit LOL

dani said...

cheri,
your boys were blessed to have two such special teachers!!! that being said, i'm still laughing that your shyer ian had a kindergarten teacher with the name, "ms. killer"... BAAHAHAHAHAAA!!
love,
dani

Laurie said...

So glad they had a great year. That is worth a million dollars!