Monday, May 19, 2008

I got it! I got it! I got it!!

Ian and I were at Target yesterday morning getting birthday presents for parties they were going to a bit later in the day. (Yep, that's me, shopping for the presents at the very last minute.) Right across from the toy ailse is where electronics are located. Most importantly, the Wii's!!!!! To my sheer and utter delight they had Wii's in stock. I went over and was talking to the older guy that was stocking and asked him a bunch of questions.

Me: So do you always have Wii's in stock now.

Him: Nope, they just came in this morning. I have 6 out here right now and about 6 more in the back.

Me: Cool so they'll be here for a little bit!?

Him: Nope, they will be gone by 4:00 today.

Hmmmmmm!!! I had to get one. Especially since they are still hard to find.....apparently. So we bought our birthday presents and I rushed Ian home. On my way out the door to go BACK to Target he asked me if I was going to buy a Wii. Of course I said no, but kids are perceptive, especially when you are talking about it right in front of them. Even though I kept saying no, he kept asking.

Long story short (because Chrissi is throwing a fit right now, her newest thing) I GOT IT!!!!!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to play it. We are going to have a party for the boys with their friends on the 28th of May. I don't think I'm going to give it to them at the party, but I am going to give it to them when we get home. Who am I kidding, I don't know if I can even hold out that long. I am so anxious and know that they are going to be sooooooo thrilled. (Besides that new Wii Fit thing comes out on Wednesday and I'm getting it!)

5 comments:

Robin said...

Let's see if Blogger eats these comments. That's right Blogger, Bite me!

ahem, oh don't forget rechargeable batteries. I recommend the Energizer ones that recharge in fifteen minutes.

Cheri said...

What comments, Robin? Do you mean about me waiting until the party?

Thanks forgot about the charger. Ok, now I see why this thing is almost $500 by the time you buy EVERYTHING!!!

Amanda said...

First time at your blog.
Lucky you, i'd love a wii. My boys favour the xbox 360.
Maybe if i ask Santa...
I'm sure you guys will have a great time with it!
Let us know what the Wii fit is like?!

Lone Amanda x
( came across your blog through give me a second...)

dani said...

yay, you, cheri!!!
you will so enjoy it; but the batteries are a MUST!!! i'm going to get the wii fit, too. i was watching a preview of it, and it looks awesome:D
l,
d xx

Laurie said...

YOu are cracking me up! WAiting until the 28???? No way, I saw it's out of the box before the weekend is over. It's a holiday...you really need to play some Wii! LOL :)