Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Margarita Night

We had a margarita night last week at my Mom's house. It was such a blast. My family is super cool. The only problem is that EVERYONE talks at once and it's hard to follow conversations. But I've never met such a group of women with such an age gap that can get together and just have the very best time in the world. I think my cheeks hurt from laughing when I left. Everyone, except me, Trish, and Ang are planning on going to Tunica for a short three day trip to gamble. Well, after that night we decided that we were going to do whatever it takes for us to go as well. They are all so much fun we know without a doubt we will have a blast. That is if we don't get kicked off of the bus on the way there. With my loud, crazy family you never know. That poor driver........and the poor other passengers on the bus!!!

Here are some pictures from our Margarita night. I have to preface this by saying that pictures do not do the night justice.

My cousin Trisha and Aunt Sally ready to get this party started.




Aunt Robin mixing up White Sangria. I think it was a big hit!!





We start out kind of lame, like eating dinner and snacks. Of course that is also the time to make sure that everyone has a drink in their hands.





After dinner we moved to the table to play a dice game. I think it's called Farkle, but my family just calls it "the 10,000 dice game" we are sooooooooo smart!





I think they were singing part of the "Time Warp", but it actually looks like they are casting spells to the other side of the table. Drink another!






This shot did not turn out as well as I wanted to and it's probably a "you had to be there" type moment anyway. Let's just say that the song "Strokin'" was being sung (well kind of, we don't really know the words) when it was Aunt Robin's turn to roll the dice. (Pillow, Toothbrush, and Pole.....that will live on in my memory forever, Robin!!!!)





My cousin, Angie, wanted a group shot of all of us. I think it took at least three tries. C'mon, Ang, take the damn picture already, Grandma needs a drink!



(The two posts below are new as well. So there, Mom!!)

2 comments:

dani said...

cheri, it's probably a good thing you didn't call the game farkle... at least while drinking tequila, lol!!! it looks like you all had a great time... reminds me a bit of the women in my family!!!
love,
dani

Robin said...

It was Linda that brought up the subject of a pole. I would just like to set the record straight!