Friday, August 08, 2008

Bren got into a fight with the concrete

AND LOST!!!!!!

Here's the scenario. Brennan is running in front of his cousin Bradley who is on his bike. Doesn't sound quite so bad, right? Wrong!!!!! The bike clipped the back of Brennan's shoe and down went Bren.......FACE FIRST into the concrete. I went out to dinner with my lifelong best friend, Kim, and my parents were watching the kids for me, so fortunately I missed the accident because I'm not sure I would've held it together. He scraped his face HUGE, skinned one knee and scraped up his knuckles. Ian and Bren got to have a "campout" in our room last night since we figured Bren would end up with us eventually. He's such a trooper. Not really complaining at all. I think it hurts more than he is letting on........a mom just knows these things, right?

See the pictures below and be sure to read the next post. (I posted TWO today!) And the next post is about a very special birthday girl!!!




8 comments:

Laurie said...

OUCH! Poor Bren. I hope it heals very, very fast!

dani said...

ouch!!! i bet he doesn't forget chrissi's 2nd birthday anytime soon... bless his heart.
love,
dani

Anonymous said...

Oh, yea Cheri, show the whole world what happens when he comes to BaMa's house. It looks awful & makes me feel even worse. Sorry Bren. Love BaMa

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the second grade when I fell off the jungle gym face first into the gravel pit below. The battle wounds are similar. You remember that? I wonder if he is embarrassed at all? I was mortified.

Xadie's Journey said...

Man he got it good. Sooooo, did you ever get registered???

Robin said...

Erica - I remember that wound, it was even more "spectacular" than Brennan's.

Don't worry Brennan, some Road Rash will make you even more irresistable to the girls.

Kelly said...

I YI YI

Jaime said...

Come on Cheri- give us an updated picture of his healing! ;)