Thursday, June 19, 2008

Trip to Grant's Farm

We had soooooo much fun at Grant's Farm. My mom took the day off work and we took my kid's, Katelyn, and a little girl that I babysit, Victoria. The weather was perfect. We arrived around 9:45 so we were in and out before lunch and the major crowd hit. The goats were the first thing that we went to after our tram ride in. For $1 you can buy a bottle of milk to feed the goats, so we got one for all of the kids. I HATE the goats!!! They are nasty, jumping on you trying to eat your clothes creatures. (Just my opinion, of course!) Mom took in all of the kids. Yah, that lasted for about 2 minutes, if THAT! Brennan was the first one screaming and crying to get out, Katelyn was a quick second, and in turn Chrissi was next. It was quite the scene. We lifted the kids over the fence verses them exiting the "correct" way. Ian and Victoria LOVED feeding the goats and had a blast. I was surprised, because this was the first time that Ian had wanted to. We did feed the goats through the fence and that was MUCH better.

The big turtles were really active, well for turtles. I don't think that I had ever seen them move, but they were walking around and "playing" in the water. The elephants were really cool. One of them was bathing in dirt, but the other was bathing in water and that was super cool to see.

After we left Grant's Farm we headed to the best place in the world to eat, if you are a kid anyway, McDonalds. They were all starving and ate really well before they played in the Playplace.

What a GREAT day!




Mom and Chrissi making the goat perform for a drink.





How many goats can you feed at once, Ian?





"That's a good goat!"





Mom getting ready to hand me Chrissi and Katelyn.





Look how much fun he's having.





Watch out, Ian, you are about to get invaded!





"Hey, give me a bottle!!!"





"This is the way I like to feed the goats."





"You are NOT getting me back in with those goats!"





Ian had lots of rocks in his sandals after feeding those nasty creatures, I mean goats!





"I want to see too!"





AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!





This turtle would really scare Grandma. (And, Grandma, this one is too big to put in the middle of the road.)





Just cooling off.







Splish! Splash! The elephants taking a bath!





Time to go home.

4 comments:

dani said...

cheri, how do you REALLY feel about goats, rotfl!!!
l,
d

Anonymous said...

Cheri, looks like a great day with your mom and kids. You have a great mom. She's always up for anything. Happy 4th to you all!

Nancy

Kelly said...

I cannot believe how big Chrissi is getting , her hair is getting so long!!! The boys are so cute! it looks like you guys had fun even with the goat drama. LOL

Xadie's Journey said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!