So what have we been up to since Ian's birthday? Last weekend I took the boys to the Lake and Jesse stayed home with Chrissi. Jesse's leg still isn't the best from surgery and he wouldn't have been able to go up and down all of the steps to the boat, much less have climbed on. And to be perfectly honest, I needed a break from Chrissi. She was sick last week, one night she had a 104.5 temp. Needless to say, she was held a lot that week and was to the point that I couldn't put her down even when she was better. It goes without saying that I love my daughter immensely, it is ok to need a break. By Saturday night I was ready to come home. =)
Sunday the boys and I left the Lake in the morning fairly early. When we got home, Jesse and I went through the basement and completely cleaned it up and rearranged things. NOW I have somewhere for the kids to play when they get super hot outside. (Which is everyday, since my house is full sun ALL day long and trees are still pretty non-existant.) To everyone else, it will just look like an ordinary basement, but compared to what it looked like before it is freakin' amazing!!!
Brennan is in a summer reading program (summer school) for three weeks at his school. He loves it so much and has such a great time. The only problem that I have with it is that parents have to provide transportation. Normally that would not be a problem because my parents can help out on the days that I can't get there, but they are on vacation this week. My Uncle Gary was a big help on Monday picking Bren up and I can't thank him enought. Next week will be easier when my parents are back.
Today after Bren was done with school (at noon) we went to Aunt Linda and Uncle Gary's to go swimming. We had such a good time. Even though it is 94 degrees out, the water felt awesome. I brought my camera to take pictures, but with just me and 4 kids (one of the kids I babysit was there as well) that didn't happen. Chrissi did not want to get in the water. I did trick her to get in with me twice and we did "bouncy, bouncy" around the pool until she cooled off. But the rest of the time she sat in the shaded chair. The boys are doing terrific in water this year. Brennan's swimming is really coming along. Ian is still a bit more timid, but I know that he will come around.
So in a nutshell, that is what we've been up to.
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

2 comments:
you have been a busy girl, cheri!!! and here i thought you had just become a wii-addict, HA!!!
i'll tell you what... the only thing this weather we've been having in the mid-west is good for is staying in water or air-conditioning.
it is waaaaaaaaaaaay too hot to just play outside especially if you've got no shade (come to think of it, it's too hot to stay outside in the shade for long). aren't you relieved you have a basement as an alternative:D
i hope you all are having a nice afternoon and that chrissi and jesse are feeling much better. take care!!!
love,
dani
Its so freak'in HOT!!!! I need to get to the pool, I feel like all we have been doing is running arond getting this or that done and none of its fun! We need to catch up soon , I need some fun!!!
Post a Comment