I took Chrissi's pluggie away!!!! We went to the Lake this past holiday weekend and I realized what a pain in the butt her pluggie actually has become. At one point I was searching the condo from top to bottom because Chrissi was so upset that we couldn't find it. I took her to the doctor a few weeks ago for her two year check up and was advised it was time to let it go. I figured I'd wait a little longer, but low and behold Monday was the night. I cut the pluggie when Chrissi wasn't looking. When she went to grab it off the hutch and put it in her mouth it fell out. "Oh no!!! Wookey!!!! My pwuggie bwokey! Oh NO!" We told we'd have to buy a new one.
I'm not going to lie, it's been rough. She goes through her periods of completely looking for it, but I can usually distract her. When she wakes up she is upset because that is the first thing she grabs. I guess our baby that stays in bed until 8:30 is a thing of the past!!!! But what a big girl you are, Chrissi!!!!
I'll update later about how today is going!!!
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

6 comments:
i bet it has been a rough couple of days, cheri... but it should get better soon:)
i can only imagine chrissi's face when her pluggie fell from her mouth; bless all of your hearts!!!
love,
dani
Poor little Chrissi! Being a big girl is so hard! You will make it! Both of you girls! :)
Well It was just time to let it go, Its got to be rough. You poor little things! It will get better!
Stay Strong Momma!
Oh my poor baby! Maybe I will mail her a replacement...hahaha.
Breathe deep, it won't last forever (even if it seems like it.)
Don't give up. It took Dominic about 3 days to forget about his binkie. We did it just a few days after his second birthday. After coming home from camping, we couldn't find any, and I refused to go to the store at 10 o'clock at night. So, bye-bye binkie. He resumed to his normal sleeping habits shortly after the 3 days it took for him to stop wanting it.
Good Luck to you guys!
-Jaimee
Hope the days get easier!!! Poor Momma!
Post a Comment