Friday, September 05, 2008

It's gone for GOOD!!!

Life is good! Chrissi is pluggie-less and super duper happy! I will admit that Wednesday day was from HELL!!! She was so upset all day long, but I don't think she could really pinpoint why. Naptime was a complete disaster!!! She screamed for well over an hour in her bed. It was AWFUL!!! But after her nap she turned a corner. She was so super sweet. I was working on the computer that evening upstairs in the bonus room (it's like a loft area I guess.......but we still call it what it was labeled on our floor plan when the house was being built, weird name huh?) and Chrissi kept bringing me baby dolls and other stuff from her room. I finally nixed working and sat on the floor and played toys with her. She was just in the best mood that I've seen in awhile. It was such a fun evening and I can't believe the difference that a few hours made in her mood and grieving over the loss of the pluggie!

I am so proud of her and know that if Chrissi can do it, there is hope for all children out there that are completely obsessed with their pacifier!!!! I think that she is actually happier without it if that makes any sense!!!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Maybe she thinks if she is extra good you will give the pluggie back. LOL


I am glad everything worked out.

Jaimee said...

YAY! Good job Chrissie, and yay for you guys too. That didn't take long at all!

-Jaimee

dani said...

i think it is all about not giving in to her grief, cheri... once you do, it becomes even more difficult. you did well!!!!!!!
and, i'm thrilled that chrissi got over it so quickly for all involved:D
love,
dani

Jaime said...

She's growing up!!!

Jaime said...

p.s. when is our margarita night???? Think I might be available Monday night?

Xadie's Journey said...

I'm so glad you survived. I was really getting nervous for you...lol