Friday, September 26, 2008

You would think it's the S.A.T

Ian and Brennan have a spelling test every Friday. Because they are some of the youngest in their class, this has been somewhat of a struggle. This week I thought the words were tough: pick, pack, tack, sack, back, sick, is, they, walk, and big. (I did that from memory!!!) I know they may look easy, but the boys were struggling with several (many) of them. They worked so hard at home with me this week on learning the words. Between last night and this morning before school they probably took close to 15 "spelling tests". I know that sounds like a lot, but we had so much fun with it. You could see the excitement on their faces when they knew they had them right. At the end of each test they would run up to me to try and be the first paper that was looked at. It really was fun! They each had several PERFECT papers!!!!

So, here I sit (sit? yah right!) at home for the next several hours waiting for the boys to bring me home their spelling tests. I actually have a nervous feeling in my stomach. Wow! Do I really sound like an over protective parent or what (well at least one that probably needs more things to worry about than a spelling test, huh)? I just know that they can do well on this test and hope they did their best. Not expecting perfect papers (although that would be really nice), but papers that show great effort! I guess I'm probably pretty normal.......maybe!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

How cool! I remember helping my niece Abby in probably first grade. The word was eight. Her last name is Harrell. So I told her to think of it like this: It starts with EI like ei ei o like in Old McDonald, then girl Harrell tonight. She thought I was NUTS until the light bulb came on and I bet she spells eight eieio, girl Harrell, tonight to this day! :) I can't wait until Bella is that old....well maybe I should be careful what I ask for!

Kelly said...

I think they both aced it !!!!!!!!!! Your such a good mommy to be nervous for them. That's cute!