Finally, we had a super nice weekend! It was absolutely beautiful outside Saturday AND Sunday. Nice weather is something that we haven't seen too much of lately. Clear, sunny skies has been almost non-existant. It has rained so much in the past few weeks that I truly do not think that our backyard will dry out until August. Last week there were torrential downpours that turned my backyard into a river. (Sorry, no pictures.)
The kids played outside all weekend and had a blast! Saturday they played out front with several of the kids in our neighborhood. They are so lucky to have so many kids the same age as they are. Boys and girls. Jesse and I were talking yesterday about how cool it is that our doorbell rang a lot this weekend and on the other side of the door was a child requesting to play with Ian and Brennan. It's just neat that they are at that age now. I guess bittersweet is the word that sums it up best. It's another huge step towards independence and that means it's another step towards my babies growing up.
Saturday during the day I went with my mom, Aunt Robin, and my brother's girlfriend, Erika to garage sales and out to lunch. My mom's birthday is April 24th, but my mom gets a birthday MONTH!!!! All of April she pretty much has us all jumping because it's her birthday month. =) I never thought I would be into garage sales AT ALL. I fought my mom tooth and nail when she first asked me to go with her, which I think was when we first started the adoption process of Ian and Brennan. I'm still amazed at the good stuff you can find, especially for kids. LOVE the kids clothes. Unfortunately clothes for Ian and Brennan are harder to find because kids their age are much rougher on clothes than babies. Anyway, so we went to several garage sales and then we met my granma for lunch at Red Lobster. We had a GREAT day!!
And yesterday we went through the house for the garage sale that we are having on the 19th while the boys went over to my parents house to help Papa cut down trees. Not sure how much help they were, but they sure had a good time doing it.
Oh yah, and Chrissi was here this weekend as well!!!! I guess I forgot to mention her. She LOVES to be outside. I think "outside" is her favorite word to scream......I mean say. She does not like to come inside if the boys are out still. Poor baby!!!!
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

1 comment:
I told you garage sales get in your blood, aren't you glad you finally listened to me? Mothers always know best!!!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment