Just thinking back today about how insane things were at this time last year. Jesse and I were preparing for our trip to bring Chrissi home. While I am not normally a procrastinator, was I ever at that time. I had SO much to do with getting ourselves ready for the trip, packing for Chrissi, packing for the boys and figuring out what all they would need while we were gone, and making sure I had enough presents for the foster family. The last part was the hardest. How do you express through gifts how very much their love and care for our daughter meant? So, instead of getting all of that stuff together what did I do? I played Playstation. I know, how big of a dork am I? Well, it was mindless, passed the time, and took my mind off of the anxiety I was feeling.
Nonetheless, I did eventually stop playing Playstation and pack, but WOW what a week. I am so thankful that we have Chrissi home with us forever!!! It is weird to imagine life BC (Before Chrissi). I know this is probably a silly post, but I wanted to document what is going through my mind today.
We have a friends in Kansas City that are going to pick up their daughter. The cool thing is that we will share the same "Gotcha Day", or whatever you personally call it. I am so excited for them and remember full well how they are feeling this week. So, Tom and Cheryl, you are in our thoughts and prayers and we are so extremely excited for you! I know it is just a date to many, but I think that is pretty cool that our families will ALWAYS have that date in common. What a momentous date to share!!!
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

3 comments:
WOW! I can't believe it's been a whole year! I remember when you got PINK! HOpe all is well in your neck of the woods! ;)
Cheri,
I love reading your blog and I love that you played Playstation!!! I would do that too, so I don't think you are a dork. Hahaha. BTW, I started a little business stylizing blogs, so if you ever want to re-do yours, let me know, I'd love to help. I too cannot believe it's been a year since you brought Christina home. I remember you doing that because I had just joined Carol's board. It just doesn't seem like that was a whole year ago.
-Jaimee
Wow- I have been missing out. You've been a blogging fool and I haven't noticed :(
I thought you had quit, but now you are back!!!
Post a Comment