Friday, February 15, 2008

6 year anniversary!!!

I can't believe how fast time goes by. Tomorrow will be our 6 year anniversary!!!! My goodness how things have changed for us since our wedding 6 years ago. We have gone from a couple to a family of 5!!! And we love every second of it..........even the not so good ones, we always pull through as a family.

We went to New Orleans for our Honeymoon. Absolutely LOVE New Orleans!!! The week we came home from our trip we began the adoption process for one child, which quickly turned into two. And then 3 1/2 years later we started the process for number 3.

Jesse and I have definitely had our share of good times and bad in the six years. Adopting the kids is definitely our highlight!!! We have also lost family members along the way, Jesse's mom and sister.

There is noone in the world that I would have rather shared all of the good and bad with. I truly believe that Jesse is my soulmate. I look forward to spending MANY, MANY more years together.

To celebrate our anniversary we are going away for the weekend. We are taking the kids with us because we think they'll have a good time where we are going. Normally, we go to the Lake for a kid free weekend, but that didn't work out this year for a variety of reasons. We have made a list of everything that we are bringing and were joking the other night about how long our list is going to be when packing for Florida!!!! We are probably going to have to rent a small bus to get us there!!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Wow, six years! Would you like me to come and sing you something, for old times sake!!

Cheri said...

Sure, but we have to make the cake first!!! =)

Laurie said...

Congrats on 6 years! That is awesome! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.