Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chrissi is 18 months/but acts like she's 2!

I can't believe that my baby is already 18 months old! Time sure flies!

She had her "well baby" check up last week. She weighed in at a little under 22 lbs. She is such a little peanut. She is actually in the 25 percentile for both height and weight, for those of you that keep track of that.

She is such a great addition to our family, attitude and all!!! I asked the doctor if it meant that Chrissi is going to be an easy going laid back teenager since she is so feisty and defiant right now. He laughed at me if you can believe that. My mom always told me that I would "get mine". I know, I know............everyone's mom says that. But I think my mom really wished it for me! Except her wish didn't quite turn out the way it should of. Chrissi should not be a little shit until she is 17. You see, I was a VERY good child. (My Great Aunt Marlene still comments about how I could answer the phone at 3 and knew who everyone was that was calling.) Really, I was GOOD until I was 17. And even then I just did "typical" teenage stuff. I was never into drugs or anything like that. So maybe I would drink at parties and maybe I wouldn't tell the truth about where I was going, and like every teenager I had "WHATEVER" with the rolling of my eyes and the flipped out hand, down to a science. (My parents still cringe if I say "whatever"!)

So anyway, back to Chrissi! She ACTS like she is TWO!!!!!! I'm talking full fledge tantrums!!!!!! When she doesn't get her way, she throws herself on the ground, arms and feet thrashing and a bloody murder scream. Or as my brother, Greg, calls it "her Trisha scream". Trisha (my cousin) is going to be her GodMother (March 2nd is when she if FINALLY getting baptized), so I guess we made a fitting choice. Trisha was the QUEEN of Little Shits!!!!! =) Chrissi was sick with a cold a few weeks ago, so I held her a lot. I DO think that you can overhold a baby/toddler, because now she wants me to hold her CONSTANTLY!!! She chases me around the house doing her best Trisha cry. She kind of looks like E.T. with her arms right out in front of her running!!!

Polar opposite to the tantrums she is insanely funny and cute. She cracks us all up. She loves to sit in our lap and "read" us a book. It is adorable. She is always walking around with her books, sometimes chewing on them, but regardless she is enjoying her books!!! She loves to wrestle like the boys. And lately she has been running into walls and doors on purpose just to make her brothers laugh. It is quite silly and insane!!!

Life with a two year old, oops......I meant 18 month old is always interesting!!!!

No comments: