It is hard for me to believe, but Chrissi is one year old!!!! She woke up with the cutest little smile and I was the first to sing happy birthday to my princess!!!! Tonight we will probably have a special dinner. Not sure what since Chrissi has turned into a picky eater lately. (More on that and our vacation later). This post is all about what a celebration today is.
Although we did not know of Christina at this time last year.......we received her referral a few days later. So essentially she has been part of our lives for this past year as well.........always in our hearts until she could be in our arms!!! On her birthday I do send special thoughts and prayers to Christina's birthmother. What an extremely hard and selfless decision that she made for Christina. I'm sure her heart aches even more today.
Chrissi is not walking yet, but crawls everywhere! If she doesn't like the way that the floor feels under her knees she will go into this silly looking "bear" crawl, where she walks on her hands and feet. It is so adorable!!! Yes, we have a dainty little girl on our hands!!!
We are having her first birthday party on Sunday and can't wait. I will make her very own cake. It is a family tradition, from my mom's side of the family, that kids get a Carousel cake for their first birthday. I will post pictures of it early next week!!!! Hopefully she will dig into the cake......afterall those are the best birthday party pictures!!!
The pictures were taken the first weekend of our vacation. I will post more tomorrow......some pics of the kids all together as well as the boys individually. But for today here are just a few pics of my Birthday Princess, Christina!!!! Oh yah, I forgot to mention that she was not super happy in these pictures. They were taken the day after she had tubes in put in her ears, not to mention that she is going through major stranger anxiety!!!







1 comment:
She is a doll! Happy Birthday Ms. Chrissi!!!
Post a Comment