Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Garage sale, DNA, and weird dreams!!!

The garage sale was once again a huge success. We made over $1500.00. We raffled off the Guatemala quilt. The winner was actually a couple that we met that day who is also adopting from Guatemala, Richard and Marsha. They will actually be in Guatemala visiting their little girl at the same time we are. We thought that was really cool and ironic that they were the lucky winners.

I emailed Carol last night to see if DNA had been done yet. And even though my credit card was charged on Saturday, September 23rd, it still has not been taken. I'm not use to paying for a service that hasn't been completed, and although there is no rhyme or reason, I guess that is how it goes in Guatemala!!! She said that Marco wants to have the DNA test done hopefully at the same time the birthmother has her interview with the social worker handling our case. I'll let you know when we are updated.

So last night I went to bed thinking about the setbacks on our case thus far and how long it's taking. Granted I'm also probably still basing things on the timelines from losing our first referral, but whatever, we've been waiting AWHILE and nothing significant has been completed. I had this dream last night (and I'll make it quick and just analyze this), apparently there was a building in St. Louis that I had to drop off a document. I was told that where I need to go was out the back door and down the hill to PGN (PGN is the final "court" we have to go through in Guate. Once we receive approval from this often ridiculously slow and picky court the baby is legally ours). When I opened the door it looked like a college campus with and escalator going down in the middle of an extremely hilly courtyard type area. So I start going down the escalator and it abruptly ends. The ground has mini creeks all around me. I finally get to the right side where PGN is up above me. But to get to it, I must climb these muddy steps that are at least 3 feet apart. As you can imagine it was not easy. And then I woke up. What does this mean to me? In my mind it looks like the road getting to PGN is going to be HELL!!!!! Let's hope once we get there maybe lady luck is on our side!!!!!!

So that is my garage sale, DNA, and weird dream update. I hope everyone is having a good week. I'll update as soon as I hear more.

No comments: