Well, Christina's birthmother was not 18 when she was born. To avoid additional delays once we reach PGN (the final Guatemalan "court" to review the case) we have decided to wait until the birthmother's birthday. We were told at referral that would be at the end of August. At this point we are not certain when her birthday is. I spoke with Carol, agency owner, today and she called our attorney in Guatemala. He is going to drive to the village where the birthmother was born to verify when the birthmother's actual birthdate is. Once we find that out and she turns 18 then we can proceed with the case. So, yes, right now we are in limbo!! I know it sounds strange, but you have to keep in mind that because Guatemala is so filled with poverty, most do not celebrate birthday's. In turn, the birthmother does not know the exact date.
We do plan to travel to Guatemala for a visit as soon as the DNA testing has been completed between the birthmother and Christina. I keep hoping we can go sometime in October!!!!!!
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment