Friday, July 11, 2008

Meet the newest addition to our family!!!

I am so excited to announce the arrival of my brother, Danny and Erika's baby GIRL!!! Danielle Marie was born yesterday around 2:30, weighing in at 7lbs 8oz, and 19 1/2 inches in length. It was my honor and privelage to be in the delivery room with Danny, Erika, my mom, and Erika's mom........oh yah, and there was also a doctor and a few nurses. Thankfully the room was HUGE!!!

Erika was a champ with the delivery. It only took her a few pushes and Baby Dani was out and ready to meet us. I am not an overly emotional person. Everyone knows someone that EVERYTHING makes them cry, not that there's anything wrong with that, but that's not me. But as soon as the baby was born, I was crying. It was so cool. I had seen my youngest nephew born as well and I did cry, I guess the miracle of life does that to me. How super cool and a big thank you to Erika for allowing me to be in the room. Erika has only been part of our family for about one year, but we all love her so much and are so thankful to have her in our lives.

Danny was a champ as well. After he made it through the epidural all was good. He came out to the waiting room white as a ghost and shaking. We asked if everything was ok and he said, "Man, that was rough!"

Us "Is Erika ok?" At this point we were concerned because he looked so shaken

Danny "Oh yah, she did great! It was me! I almost passed out in the middle of it."

He was so pale and completely shaking. Of course we busted out laughing at his expense. It was so funny. Unfortunately for Danny this will probably be what we remember most when we talk about Danielle's birth.

Congratulations, Danny (I guess I have to start calling you Dan now since you kind of have a Jr. ) and Erika. We couldn't be any happier for you!!!

Here are just a few pictures. I forgot my camera yesterday morning so do not have early pictures, but I came back later because the boys wanted to see the baby and these pics are from then. (My mom has GREAT pics! When I can steal her memory card I'll add more!)

One last thing...........yesterday was also my Dad's birthday!!!!! What a great present!!! Happy Birthday to the best Dad and PaPa in the whole wide world.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all and welcome to the family. Glad to hear everything went smoothly. Look forward to seeing that new little bundle in person.

Mom of me a mom

dani said...

omgoodness, cheri, your little dani is so beautiful!!! how awesome that you got to be in the delivery room when she was born:D
you know, i have never actually seen a baby being born. it must be an incredible experience. i really wish there had been a ceiling mirror when katherine was born!!!
hope you have a great weekend and get to cuddle with "jr", ha!!!
love,
dani

Robin said...

Wow, she is beautiful!

Kelly said...

Now that's a pretty baby!!!!! And I usually don't think that . LOL I usually think the newbiies look alien like but she is a beauty. Congrats to your brother and the rest of the fam.

Jaime said...

Ahhhh... that was pretty special of Erika to include all of you in the delivery! Baby Dani is adorable!!! Congratulations Aunt Cheri!

Xadie's Journey said...

Congrat's She is beautiful!