Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where's the love?

Today is Wednesday and I'm LOST. Chrissi woke up this morning asking where Ian and Brennan were, that started the huge tug at my heart. I talked to them on the phone and they are having a blast. My mom said that last night she thought Bren was a bit homesick. He would get his feeling hurt easily. Talk about bringing instant tears to my eyes. But this morning they both couldn't wait to tell me about going tubing yesterday and grilling hotdogs on the boat. And the big topper of the evening was going out for ice cream. Brennan had to make sure that I heard about the two spiders there and that they weren't even dead, they were alive. And Ian had to make sure that I knew they were staying for three more nights at the Lake, as if I didn't know that already!

Last night my Grandma and Greg came over for dinner (all time favorite summer dinner......BLT's.......nothing is better when you have homegrown tomato's). We also played Wii. Grandma LOVES Wii!!!!! (Stay tuned, I have pictures to still post from the birthday party this weekend and you can see her in action). She has finally found the key to Chrissi's heart........CANDY!!! Grandma ROCKS! I don't know if I've mentioned it before or not, but I am the best bowler in the house. (High score.......269). Of course I'm talking about Wii bowling, not for real bowling, I completely suck at that. Can you guess what the goal for Grandma and Greg was last night? To kick my BUTT at bowling. Did it happen? Did pigs start to fly yet? Well, you have your answer! I SMOKED them! It was a blast. Grandma said "last game" about 5 times. At one point Greg told me that he hated me (all in good fun..........well at least that's what I'm going with) and Grandma piped in, "Me too!". I was stunned, my sweet Grandma AGREED. I then called my mom at the Lake and asked her, "Mom, YOU love me, right?" Not even knowing what's going on she replied, "No, I hate you. Can't stand you." Granted I can almost feel the sarcasm dripping through my cell phone, but still WHAT THE HELL!!! After I dried up my tears and pulled myself together, know what I did? I kicked their butt even more!!!! =) I LOVE my family!!!!!

Thanks, Grandma, Greg and Chrissi (Jesse was still at work, unfortunately and missed ALL the fun) for keeping me entertained last night and keeping my mind off missing the boys so much.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

You are hilarious, talking smack to Grandma and Greg!!!

Did you sing "I am the Champion?", oh wait- that is what I sing... ;)