Last night I went to the PTC meeting and then went out for dinner afterwards. While sitting at Applebee's I get a call from the sitter saying that Chrissi threw up all over the place. My first question was whether Chrissi ate too many of the cupcakes that I had made earlier in the day. She assured me that she had not. At this point Jesse was about 2 minutes from home and I was MUCH farther away, at least 7 minutes. Ok, I will be the first to admit, I do NOT deal well with puke and Jesse is sooooooo much better with it. As guilty as I feel about it, and even guiltier for admitting it, I stayed for like 15 minutes more.
When I got home there was my sweet pale little girl sitting on Jesse's lap. She looked so sad. (Yep! The guilt was even worse at that point.) We kept her up for quite awhile and she continued to throw up a few more times in the trash can. Yes, I know this is gross, but you DO have the option to quit reading!! At one point in mid throw up she said, "I done!" Blah. "I done, Da" Blah. "I done, Daddy." OMG it was so so sad.
She slept in our bed last night and continued to throw up occassionally through the night. Not as bad as I expected. Instead of being covered with our comforter, she was covered with towels; as well as sleeping on towels.
She has stopped throwing up and now the diarrhea has set in. THAT I can deal with. All in all we've had a GREAT day, if you can believe that. We've just sat and played quietly on the floor for most of the morning. Right now my sweetheart is getting a much needed nap after her restless night. And I am in the middle of cleaning the house. We are super lucky that it is such a nice day out. The windows are open and I am hoping to get the flu bug out of here. Hoping more than you can imagine that the boys (Jesse included) do not get this. I had it a few weeks ago and feel quite safe!! (Hope that is not famous last words on this subject.)
Lysol and Pine Sol are my best friends today!!!
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

3 comments:
Oh, no... I hate vomit... I talk to my daughter from outside the door of the bathroom...and plug my ears... everything goes in the washer...puke and all... I just can't deal...don't feel guilty, there are many of us with you! :-)
Hope she feels better!
poor baby, i'm so thrilled she was feeling better today:) hopefully, no one else will get it, cheri; stomach flu is awful!!!
That sounds miserable! Hope she's well soon and no one else comes down with it!
Post a Comment