(Yes, I know this post is way late!!!!)
We always have Christmas with my side of the family before Christmas, in particular when Danny has his boys. None of us mind having it early at all. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. And not because I like to receive gifts (c'mon, everyone likes to receive presents), but I truly LOVE to get other people presents. The only part I don't like is trying to keep what I bought a secret. So as you can imagine, it THRILLS me that it usually works out that we have a part of Christmas before the actual date.

When we first get to my parents (around 11am) we start with appetizers for "lunch".
And trust me, there was enough for a small army. Very good "lunch"!!!

Here are the kids having their lunch before they can tear into presents. Actually, it ended up being a rather calm year with the kids compared to years past. They did not drive us nuts to open presents in the least. The four boys, Ian, Brennan, Bradley, and Dylan all play so very nice together. It's so cool!!!
Jesse stealing a bite to eat off Bren's plate.

My mom and dad always set the table so beautiful for us! The table runner is from Guatemala. My mom bought that on our pick up trip with the boys.

And so the kids didn't feel left out at dinner time she hooked them up as well! They thought they were so grown up with cloth napkins and everything!

Baby Dani is getting so big. She is such a doll!

BaMa with her sweet litl' Dani. I think I had to make my mom stop talking for this picture. It's an ongoing joke that whenever we take a picture of her she looks like she's crabby because her mouth is usually open. Much better this way, Mom!!!

A bit blurry. Anyway, the kids figuring out which big stack of presents is theirs! They all go sooooo much. Rotten little things! =)

Everyone HARD at work opening their presents. Look at the concentration!

Whatcha got, Bradley??

"I love my new watch!!!!"

"Yeah a piano that I can drive Mommy and Daddy nuts with!"

"A new Wii game just for me!!!!"

Dylan was probably the most gracious this year. He absolutely adored everything that he received.

Chrissi loves her Barbies!!!!

Another boyfriend for Barbie.

"Quick, quick let's see what it is!"

Rock-a-bye baby.

"Wook, Daddy!"

Aren't they just the cutest couple!!

Definitely a story here. This little doll/statue that Greg is holding has created lots of memories for our family in the last year or so. This statue is kind of creepy. When Jesse and I were cleaning the basement over a year ago we came across it. Jesse's mom got it for him when she went to Mexico years ago and he hung onto it. We were going to get rid of it when an evil idea entered our minds. "Let's scare the hell out of Greg with it." You have to understand that Greg is pretty easy to scare and he HATES to be creeped out. Thankfully Greg also has a GREAT sense of humor! So anyway, we ended up putting it in Greg's bed unbeknownst to him. Just as we had hoped, it scared the hell out of him!!! For over one year this little statue has kind of followed Greg around. It's been in his shower, his truck, on the boat, on the back of the toilet to be found in the middle of the night, the condo at the Lake, etc. The statue had been put away for quite awhile, but it was time for it to reappear. We stuffed it in a box, wrapped it in pretty paper, put to Greg on it, and anxiously waited for him to open it! He did not let us down. Unfortunately, my camera let me down, I missed the facial expression for when he first opened it. But this picture says it all!!! Definitely not super amused to have the "creepy doll" back in his life at that moment. Somehow it did end up coming back home with us. Stay tuned, this won't be the last that's heard about this subject!!!

My mom looks scared to open this.......you never know with my dad what might be in there!! (After she got past the firewood, see below!)

Here's my dad explaining about the first part of the present. A box filled with firewood, matches and newspaper. The perfect makings for a fire. Only problem.....my mom is not such a fan. I guess the aversion started because of hot flashes. My poor dad has not been allowed to build a fire in years. He decided to surprise my mom this year with a romantic weekend at the Lake coupon. That's what my mom is getting ready to open up above, but first she had to get past the "fire".

This was the most hideous nightshirt Erika and I had ever seen. When we were shopping with my mom and Trish the day after Thanksgiving, my mom found this at Target. It said something about a "tree farm" on it. She asked us girls what we thought and we all busted out laughing so she didn't buy it. That is why when Erika and I went shopping with my dad we KNEW that was a definite on the list. She LOVED it!!!

Danny acting like Cousin Eddie (from the vacation movies)!

LOVE this picture of my parents!!!

Daddy's little girl!!!

Danny is so in love with this little girl!

Truly happy!!!

Erika, Cousin Eddie (I mean Danny) and Baby Dani relaxing after opening all of those presents!!
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I so hear you about keeping the presents a secret. I am worse than a kid sometimes!
You beat me! I just now posted our Christmas pics :0
cheri... how fun!!!
i know yesterday seems more like Christmas to you all, however. happy belated "gotcha day":D i hope you have a wonderful celebration today that equals the awsome one about which you've just written:)
love,
dani
ps. i enlarged the photo of the doll, YIKES!!! she is a little scary, ha!!!
Post a Comment