Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope that everyone is having a happy Valentine's Day. Jesse and I are not doing anything "romantic" tonight. We are going to my mom and dad's with the kids. My two nephews and my younger brother will be there as well. And my grandma is coming over. We are going to have pizza and salad.........and of course, MORE SUGAR!!!!!!!!! We are having a Valentines Day party at my house today with the kids that I babysit. We are going to wait until the end of the day so they can all go home with sugar highs, rather than bouncing around my housed wigged out on sugar. ;-) I'm sure the parent's will thank me for this one! Sorry Sheri, Melissa, and Alicia!!!! But I know they understand........6 boys (including my two) age range........one - two year old, one - three year old, 3 - four year olds, and 1 - five year old is a pretty wild day as it is, BEFORE sugar!!!

On the baby front, it's been a tough week b/c I found out on Sunday that there is supposed to be an executive order in Guatemala regarding the fate of Guatemalan adoptions this coming Friday. I'm still hoping this to all be rumor, but Even the Dept of State is looking into this matter in the US. To put it in terms that maybe we can all understand (b/c trust me, most of the wording is WAY over my head), there are several upper level officials in Guatemala that do not favor inter country adoptions. They would rather the children stay within Guatemala, even though the country can not afford to take care of the children. The First Lady of Guatemala is one of the biggest anti-adoption forces there are in Guatemala. They are supposed to issue a Protocolo on Friday, but noone really knows what it would state. The biggest theory is that it would suspend all adoptions or at the very least lenghthen the process. At this point my agency is telling me that there is absolutely nothing to worry about. So for right now at this very moment I won't. 1 or 2 in the morning may be a different story. I was telling my mom earlier that I will get more sleep when Christina comes homes than I am getting right now, even IF she is up 2 or 3 times a night.

On a more positive note. We should hear that our birth certificate is received any day. And we should be submitted to the US Embassy at the beginning of next week for our Visa to be issued!!! We are hoping and praying that we get to travel by the first week of March.

Please, please, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that things continue to go smoothly!!! And HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

Hey, be sure to check back tomorrow or Friday to see new pictures of Christina!!! Carol returns from Guatemala late tonight. We should have pics tomorrow!!!!!

Cheri

No comments: