Well, last Friday Jesse and I went out shopping for the baby "essentials"........diapers, tylenol, wipes, new baby monitor (because the two that we had do not work any longer), etc. And then Saturday and Sunday (before the game), my Mom and I went all over shopping for baby clothes. Thank God, for my cousin Trish. It is extremely difficult at this time of year to find winter clothes. She was able to loan me a few boxes of clothes. Of course we still wanted to pick up a few new things..........so off we were dress shopping!!!! I have to admit, that I'm really ready to put a baby in dresses..........I've already done the whole pants thing with the boys!! And my mom is almost giddy picking out dresses. So after scouring clearance racks at Macy's, Dillards, Kohl's, Gordman's, Carter's, Gymboree, and Target.......we found 6 or 7 perfect outfits!!! Again, thank you Trisha for the loan on clothes or our little girl would wear the same thing week after week until Spring.
Christina's room is ALMOST complete. We are waiting for a few baskets that we ordered from JcPenney to arrive. I plan to put the finishing touches on the room this weekend. And hopefully next week I will post pictures.
Christina will be 6 months old tomorrow. Her birthmother was supposed to sign off on the adoption for the final time either yesterday or Monday. Today they are supposed to take her documents to the Civil Registry to apply for a new birth certificate. That is expected to take appx one week. After that, to the best of my understanding, is the documents are then translated and will then be submitted to the US Embassy. After one week or so that our documents are at the Embassy a pink slip should be issued. What is a pink slip? That is the BEST piece of paper in the WORLD to receive!!!! That piece of paper will have the date of our Embassy appt on it!!!!! That means............as soon as we get that we can set our trip to travel. So although we know that Christina is now officially ours and we will be going to Guatemala to have her placed in our arms forever. In actuality, we will only have a few days notice!!!!!
Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!!!
Cheri
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment