Today you are 6 months old. I can't wait to hear from the doctor how big you have gotten and to see new pictures. Even more than that, I can not wait to hold you in my arms. We are all ready for you to come home. Your room is almost done, diapers and formula have been bought, and mommy is making a few meals up for the freezer for that first week you are home. Granted, you won't be eating what I'm making, but it will give us more time to devote to bonding with you. We keep talking to Ian and Brennan about your arrival. We want to make sure that they are aware that you are here to stay. Although they include you in their prayers every night and tell us how much they love you, it is going to be a big adjustment for them to share Mommy and Daddy. But they will adjust and probably become super overprotective of you.
We have found out that your birthmother has signed again for the final time. This gives us legal custody of you. Carol let me know that Marco applied to the Civil Registry for your new birth certificate. We sure hope this goes quickly and would love to have you in our arms in about 3 weeks. I'm sure time will go very slow for us, but we will try to stay busy getting everything ready for you.
I do worry about you leaving Ingrid, your beautiful and sweet fostermother. Ingrid and her family have given you so much love and attention during the past six months. They will forever be part of our family. And someday when we travel back to Guatemala to share the country with you and your brothers, we've promised that we will take you to see her. Ingrid is going to be upset leaving you and I'm sure that you will grieve for Ingrid as well. I promise that I will do everything in my power to make the transition easy.
I love you so much, Christina, and can not wait to give you lots and lots of kisses and hugs!!!!!! We miss you so much and hope to be with you VERY soon!!!
Love,
Mommy
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment