Brennan is doing ok. He is definitely not feeling as bad as he should be, if that makes any sense. I was told, repeatedly, that he would be laying around and have no energy for the first 7-8 days. Not the case here. I'm glad that he isn't completely miserable, but in a way it would be easier if he didn't have quite so much energy. He is bored out of his mind even with all of the presents that he's received. And to be honest, I don't know if it's really bored as much as he is in pain, but yet is not that into watching tv 24/7. Bren is not hyper active, but he is an active child.
Night is the worst part of the day. Every night like clockwork he wakes up at 9:30 screaming in his hoarse little voice and completely ANGRY!!! I guess it's because it hurts so bad that it wakes him up and that's why he's mad. Then he settles down and falls asleep on the couch. At about 3 or 4 in the morning he wakes up the same way. This morning a super cold Capri Sun helped soothe his throat. Poor little guy. I know he is in pain, I just wish that he would get more rest because I really think that will help.
I do have pictures from the hospital that I will post later. I have to get ready for my field trip today with Ian!
Last, but certainly NOT least, Happy, Happy Birthday, Jesse!!!! I love you!!!
a return to "beautiful"...
9 years ago

5 comments:
happy birthday, jesse!!!
cheri, i hope brennan's night pain subsides really soon, and have fun on your field trip:)
love,
dani
cheri,
I hope your little guy is feeling better & gets te rest he needs.. happy birthday jesse.. mine bday is tomorrow
alex
Poor Brennan. I bet he is going to do a 180 in the throat hurting dept real soon! Happy Birthday Jesse!
How is Brennan doing?
Bless his heart! My nephew just had the same surgery - he woke up in the same angry way. Praying for a quick recovery!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Post a Comment