Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day weekend!

We spent part of this weekend pricing items for the garage sale. I think Jesse wanted to die when he walked into the garage on Sunday afternoon and looked at the mess is his garage. But it went quickly and we are ready to receive more items this week. We should do pretty well. We alse have a handmade quilt from Guatemala that we are going to set up a raffle. I'm going to try to post pictures of the quilt later this week.

Jesse's mom has also been in the hospital since last Tuesday. We are hoping that she will be able to be released today. She really needs to get her strength back. She had flu like symptoms for over a week and then had rectal bleeding. After testing it was discovered that she has collitis (sp?). But in the meantime she has lost a lot of weight from being so sick and is still trying to regain an appetite. We went to see her in Washington, MO on Saturday and Monday. Saturday we had hoped that she would be released from the hospital. As we were on our way to go pick her up her heart rate jumped to 190. "Wow, that's high!!" Ok, so that's what I said, b/c Jesse was freaked out by it and well it sounded like the thing to say. So I sat quietly for a few moments and then asked, "What is normal?". So if you are like me and did not know........normal is something like 60-80 (and who knows, I may be wrong about that as well, but remember I hit my head really hard 10 years ago!). They were able to get her heart rate back to normal, which was a huge relief!!! C'mon, Dorothy!!! Get better soon!!! We love you!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I sure hope Jesse's mom is better in no time! Your luck is BOUND to change soon!!!

Just think by the end of this week, you SHOULD (I stress... should ;) have dna authorization AND new pix!

I need to find some items for your garage soon.

Jaime said...

Let me re-phrase.... not for your garage- but your garage sale. ;)