Have you ever heard of Christmas scaring your child? I must clarify, not everything about Christmas scares Chrissi, but there are definitely parts that absolutely freak her out!!! As previously mentioned, our scary snowman (monster) still "scares" her. Of course she also knows that we all think it's cute and this will prompt her to really play into it when we have company. My neighbors also have one of those blow up snowmen in their yard. The other night we were getting ready to go somewhere and I was getting frustrated because Chrissi wouldn't come over to "our" side of the van. I finally clued in, she was completely freaked out by the big MONSTER next door. Then a few nights later we were watching the original Santa Clause on tv and Chrissi jumped in my lap. "Scare me horsies," is what she kept saying. Scare me is how she says scary. She was referring to the real reindeer that were on the tv. And of course there is Santa Claus!!! He scared the holy bejeebies out of her. Santa was at the boys school and my mom was adamant that we put her on Santa's lap, even though she was hiding behind our legs and just peeking at that scary looking man. (For real, don't you think Santa is a bit scary looking!) Anyway, we placed her on his lap for a split second and she screamed so loud and leaped off the man's lap into my mom's arms.
But like I said, not all of Christmas scares Chrissi. She does like the Christmas lights when we are driving. "Wook, Mommy, more Kissmiss!!!!"
Here are the pictures............in reverse order.

Chrissi is waving goodbye to Santa. She finally would talk to him as long as PaPa was holding her.

"I can't even look at him!"

"Save me, BaMa!"

"I am so outta here!"
5 comments:
Actually it makes more sense to be frightened of sitting on a strange old man's lap. Go Chrissi!
I guess Santa is an acquired taste. :)
Both my girls are wimps- they are terrified of Santa.
cheri,
katherine has always been freaked out by anyone in a costume... (with the complete exception of halloween; go figure???)
she still is totally turned off by clowns to this day!!!
she would sit on santa's lap; but NEVER the easter bunny. all kids react differently, i suppose, and i bet chrissi will soon overcome the fear of the "monsters":)
have a merry CHristmas week, my friend!!!
love,
dani
ps. i hope you had a lovely birthday:)
That is funny... is it okay that I am laughing at her fear! She is so cute! These will make great stories when she is being picked up for the Prom.
Aaah poor Chrissi. I haven't even really tried to put Bella on Santa's lap. She did talk to him at arms length at the zoo to tell him she was 'Bewah' and she wanted a sand table!
Post a Comment